Friday, March 24, 2017

Grace and Truth 1



When I was a freshman in college, a minister suggested that I read the Gospel of John, to help with my unbelief. John has been my favorite book in the Bible ever since.

As I’ve grown older, my love for the Scriptures has also grown. Recently, as I read through John, new pearls and meanings sprang out at me. I want to go through this book again, writing down some of the special things God has taught and is still teaching me.

John 1:1-14:

This is one of the gospels which doesn’t speak of Jesus’ birth. Yet what an introduction.

He is God, and he became a man who lived right here with us. He has always been; he is the creator. His truth is a light that cannot be overcome by any darkness. The grace he brought makes those of us who believe in him God’s children. Such a glorious introduction.

John 1:14: The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment